Tuesday, December 18, 2007

HE IS







HE IS
My Savior
My Lord and God
The Alpha and the Omega
He is the First and He is the Last
He is my Rock, my refuge and strength
He is my Mediator and Advocate with the Father
He is full of Grace, Truth, love for me so deep and wide
He cares for me and holds me in the palm of His hand
He feeds me in the wilderness and does not forsake me
He watches over me in the night for he does not sleep
He gives me joy in Him that is my strength to face today
He is the one who runs to me when I have strayed
He is the One who shed His blood to save this wretch
He is the Good Shepherd of Psalms 23, oh yes!
He gives good gifts like friends like you and Soph
He is the lifter of my head and rejoices over-
me with singing, and I will praise Him forever
He is the only way to the Father and-
He is the only Door to Salvation
He walks with me and talks with
me and tells me I am His Own
He is Emmanuel
He is God with us
He is LIGHT
So Bright
to guide
in the
night
(@)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That was beautiful. Did you write it? I'm not sure how I stumbled on your page while surfing through blogger today, but I work with a JW and I've never figured out how to approach her on the subject of faith.

Laurie said...

Yes, I wrote it. Feel free to copy it out and to cut it out as a real ornament for your tree.
On approaching your friend, well, patience is the key, praying for an opening to talk to her, and to ask questions too, as she will then feel obligated to help you understand more.
You can plant seeds this way of doubt in her organization, and seeds of faith in Christ alone.
Our Bibles tell us Jesus is the way, truth and life, so focus on who Jesus is and what He accomplished on the cross.
I post on the CARM boards quite frequently. There is a link to CARM on here, and it has a message board in which there is a section devoted to Jehovah Witness Theology.
If you wanted to understand it better, that would be a good way to go, to listen in on discussions between Christians and JW's.
This lovely woman up in the corner here is one of our precious posters who is a dear sister and friend. You can listen to her speak on UTube there, she goes under the name Flowerchild. Do feel free to print off anything you may feel would be of help to you.

patty said...

My ornament is now on our tree, my special ornament from my special new friend. Love you Laurie. What a nice site!

Laurie said...

Hi Patty. It was so lovely to finally hear your voice on the phone tonight. What a wonderful Christmas prezzie! I pray you hav a wonderful christmas with your handsome and precious hubby. He sounds like a sweet guy on the phone...has to be to get the best gal in the world [nudge & wink]

Ric said...

Awesome blog, and I'm glad we got the "Good person test" working.

In God's Grace,
Ric

Laurie said...

Thanks so much Ric! I appreciate your help there! <><